Beet, Carrot and Sweet Potato Chips
- 4 – 5 medium beets
- 2 – 3 large carrots
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar (secret ingredient!!!)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1.5 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
The recipes I found told me to peel the beets, carrots and sweet potatoes…… but I skipped that part.
I scrubbed each root vegetable and sliced them really thin with my trusty hand-held mandolin slicer (Secret tool) from Progressive. I love this tool!!!!
- Peel and slice beets, carrots or sweet potatoes as thinly as possible with a sharp knife or mandolin.
- Combine sliced vegetables with apple cider vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl
- Arrange in a single layer on food dehydrator trays or cookie sheets for oven roasting.
- If using a Dehydrator set temperature at @ 125° for 8 to 10 hours.
- If using an oven preheat to 250°. Lay veggies in single layer on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until veggies are dry and crisp.