Grilled Fish and Corn Tacos
Incredibly delicious! Especially decadent served with Katherine’s Kumquat and Nectarine Salsa
- ½ cup olive or avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Sriracha sauce
- 3 Tbsp. avocado or olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. each dried oregano and ground cumin
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. cayenne and freshly ground pepper
- 1 # skinned Pacific rock cod fillets or steel head trout
- 8 corn tortillas (or use Siete brand casaba tortillas if you’re grain sensitive. See photo below)
- 2 ears of corn, husks and silk removed
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup finely shredded red cabbage
- ½ cup cilantro
- Heat grill to high (450 – 550)
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise and Sriracha sauce; chill.
- In a glass pie pan combine oil, garlic oregano, cumin, salt, cayenne, and pepper. Turn fish in seasoned oil.
- Seal tortillas in foil
- Grill corn, covered and turning a few times until lightly roasted, 8 – 10 minutes.
- Five minutes after putting corn on grill, set large cast iron pan on cooking grate. After a few minutes, put fish in hot skillet and tortilla packet on grate.
- Cook turning fish and tortillas once, until fish is translucent in center (3 – 5 minutes). And tortillas are hot.
- Cut kernels off corn in slabs. Spread tortillas with Sriracha mayo and put rest in a small dish. Fill tortillas with chunks of fish, avocado, cabbage, cilantro and corn. Serve with Kumquat nectarine salsa and more Sriracha mayo on the side.